News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EOT device

Started by richg, January 24, 2011, 08:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richg

I model present day Pan Am Railway that runs in the area of where I live and since a caboose is not needed anymore, I use a EOT device.

Rich

jonathan

I also enjoy the modern era.  Don't seem to run those trains anymore.  Gotta break 'em out.

With the location of the box between the wheels, do you have problems with turnouts?

Thanks for sharing.  I've looked at those EOT's  but never took the plunge. I always put a CSX caboose behind my trains, even though it's not prototypical.

Regards,

Jonathan

richg

Quote from: jonathan on January 25, 2011, 05:29:21 AM
I also enjoy the modern era.  Don't seem to run those trains anymore.  Gotta break 'em out.

With the location of the box between the wheels, do you have problems with turnouts?

Thanks for sharing.  I've looked at those EOT's  but never took the plunge. I always put a CSX caboose behind my trains, even though it's not prototypical.

Regards,

Jonathan
No problem with turnouts. At home I have hand laid turnouts.
At the club, mostly hand laid turnouts and a few Peco turnouts.
I realize the EOT device has to remain on the boxcar and is not easy to transfer to another car but I also know we are just boys playing with toys. With sound locos I do not have to make the sounds anymore.  :D

Rich

Rivh