News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Reading GP30

Started by kh25, June 12, 2010, 06:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kh25

I recently pickedup 2 spectrum Reading GP30s they un great but some the paint has come off on top of the cab.
what color green and yelloware used on the READING units
thanks
mark

RBMN #425 Fan

i don't know the exact shade but i did see 1 oz bottles of reading green and reading yellow (thats what they called it) on toy train heaven http://www.toytrainheaven.com/
BRING BACK THE 425!!!!!
(or 2102. or finish the 113!!!!)

Guilford Guy

Many paint manufacturers make reading yellow and reading green. Unfortunately you won't be able to completely disguise the area where the paint came off(unless you weather the locomotive) due to minor differences between the paint Bachmann used and the paints sold commercially.
Alex

Doneldon

kh-

If it's just the tops of the cabs I suggest removing the paint that's left or sanding it smooth, and then finishing the whole top of the roof.  You probably won't have a perfect color match but it won't be noticeable since there will be no place where the two paints are adjacent to one another on the same plane. 

This would be a much harder restoration if the missing paint is in various places on the locos.  Then you'd probably have to paint the whole shell, losing lettering in the process.  You'd probably want to strip the Shell;ls first, too, so you don't have raggedy areas on the finished model.  Good luck with this project.
                                                                                                                               -- D