News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC Sound

Started by Cody J, November 20, 2009, 02:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cody J

I have two Bachmann HO DCC Equipped EMD SD40-2 locomotives. I am using the EZ- Command system. Is there a sound system that I can put in these two locos without having to do much work with it?

Thanks,
Cody
CSX Mt. Storm Subdivision- Freemont, West Virginia

http://s277.photobucket.com/albums/kk49/trainsrock96/

ABC

Are you experienced with wiring DCC and sound components? Your SD40-2 do not have an 8 pin socket, so I would leave it to a professional to install it for you until you become more experienced. Adding sound would cost around $60 btw not including installation.

pdlethbridge

Hi Cody, I just put a sound system in a athearn bluebox F7. It was easy as there was plenty of room. I have an SD45 and there is no room for the type of sound unit I put in the F7, an MRC sounder. They are about $30 and have a speaker and work by hooking up wires to the wheels. I have been asking the Bachmann to start selling diesels with sound but nothing so far.

Chris350

In hood (GP's, SD's)  diesels there is frequently not enough room for a decoder and speaker with a baffle.  Most of the time hoods place the speaker in the fuel tank.  It takes some fooling around to make it work with engines that are not designed for sound, like older Proto P2k stuff for example...