News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

information

Started by fairlane57, February 11, 2010, 05:16:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fairlane57

I need to know how to find information on your web site, I need to know how to use your reversing 9" straight EZ track and other information about your products that aren't supplied with the equipment when I purchase it. Why can't I find informnation about the switches that allow a train to go from one track to another,I think they are caloled slip switches, I cannot find any reference to them in DCC.

Jhanecker2

fairlane57: Good Morning , I hate to burst your bubble but Bachmann Does not make slip switches in E-Z track . I believe Walters , Peco. Shinero . and some other Manufactures do in sectional track though not in roadbed track. Your best bet would be to consult a copy of the current Walters reference Catalog for the info or to checkout the website of either Walters or the individual track manufactuerers.  John II

fairlane57

I used the wrong name I shoulod have said crossover, I can't seem to find any information on the bachmann web site

Jhanecker2

The only crossover Bachmann make is the #6 crossover . I do agree that there is not an awful lot of info that is provided , the switches are standard crossovers powered by the AC accessory outlet of DC transformers and controlled by standard turnout control switches. Everything else is not specified.  John II

Jim Banner

The 9" straight reversing track is for use with the reversing street car.  It has extra wiring in it but that is all - no magic circuits to make the street car (or anything else) reverse its direction.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

fairlane57

I believe Bachmann is making DCC crossovers but sthey want to keep it a secret, that way they get to keep all the goodies in the shop they don't want to sell them, this is typical of American business, they have good ideas but are unable to use the media to sell them. ssssssssssthere is this thing called the internet but most of them don't know how to use it, to their advantage, they prefer work of mouth to information posting, where someone who need the information can find it. ho's that for a small rant.